Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 26 Feb. 27 - Dark Canyon

Again, more to come but a quick cell phone update.

Sunday was day 6 of a 7 day 6 night backpacking trip in Dark Canyon. We set up camp Saturday where Lost Canyon runs into Dark Canyon. Sunday morning we followed Dark Canyon 5 miles down to where it runs into the Colorado River.

I have hiked every weekend for half a year! Only 26 hikes left. How will I top this one?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Total Distance: Approximately 9.5 miles
Elevation Gain: Approximately 1000 ft.
 
Time: 10:15 am - 4:30 pm.
Weather: Cold, mostly cloudy, a little rain and a few sun breaks.

There is not much else to say.  I love this wild place.  It is primitive.  It is untouched.  It is natural.  It is one of my favorite places in the world.  I cried on the last day out looking back into the canyon.  I will return again, but not soon enough.

Orchid: The Colorado River.

Onion: The thought of leaving this magnificent place.

Picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment