Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week 88 May 6 - Robinson Canyon

Total Distance: Approximately 7 miles
Elevation Gain: Approximately 500 ft.
Time: 9 am - 2 pm
Weather: Beautiful sunny day.

Went out to eastern Washington and hiked along the rim of a canyon.  I took a former student with me.  He and I had a lot of catching up to do.  He was my advisee for 4 years, and we have not really kept up with one another.

We had a great hike together.  The sun was warm, and it felt like summer.  It was nice to be in a different landscape.  The Washington desert had smaller, thinner trees and in small patches.  The shrubs were knee high.  The tall grasses were littered with deer and elk scat.  The central cascades were shining bright to the north and in the distance.

I wish I would have written this blog sooner.  The details have faded away.

Orchid: New landscape with an old friend.

Onion: Can't remember it.

Picture:

Google Map

No comments:

Post a Comment